Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Zentangles in Fabric

I have begun my first zentangle in fabric, and this is what the beginning looks like. 
I have used 11 different fabrics.  I thought that by using patterned fabrics, it would simulate the look of zentangles, but after fusing the fabrics down, I decided that it needed additional stitching. 
I have stitched, either with the walking foot, or free motion, on each of the fabrics.  The two lower fabrics were just outlined, although on the left side I added some dots with a permanent marker in the orange areas.  See the detail shots below:

The two larger circles are ultrasuede, with gold beads around the outside.  I still have to add antennae and I may add some more beads, not sure about that yet.  Zentangling in fabric is a bit more work than on zentangling on paper, but it is just as much fun.  It certainly takes collaging to another level! 

No comments:

Post a Comment