Saturday, May 26, 2012

Birthday Postcards

I really enjoy doing postcards, because they are quick, little projects.  They are also very handy for trying out new techniques.  For the past several years, I have been making them and sending them to members of my fiber art group, Seams Unique.  Here are two that I have done in the past couple of months.
This one is made using a piece of sun dyed fabric I made in a workshop.  The leaf shape came from a stencil, and I repeated the shape with machine quilting.
This postcard was made with a piece of a black and white wool skirt that I had lying around.  Must have bought it in a thrift store!  I added circles and did a machine blanket stitch around it.  Postcards are fun, and I usually send them in an envelope I make myself out of wallpaper scraps.  That way I know it is going to cost the first class postage just like a letter. 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the post Andrea, glad to receive it and would die for one of your cards. I did mention my b'day is June 1, right? For real. Divine intervention. Truely, what a unique idea...I do hope you sell them as well.

    ReplyDelete