Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Week 16

I am posting on Wednesday, even though I have made several week's pieces ahead of schedule because I just downloaded Win 10 and have spent the past few days resolving some issues!  What a pain.  I'd rather be in the studio!!  In any case, I was inspired by the piece I did on Week 14 and have decided to do a fiber book with it as the inspiration.  So here is one of the panels for the book, which is my offering for week 16:





 As you can tell, my theme is the ocean and I have all the panels done or in progress. They will be posted in the coming weeks.  I fused each green fabric to itself, then cut the fronds out of it and sewed it to the background on the top only, so that the frond is a 3-D feature.  I have done some quilting but I'm not sure it's totally done.  I may add some other elements to it.  We'll see.  Watch for future panels and the completed accordion book.

No comments:

Post a Comment