Monday, July 4, 2016

Week 27

I'm trying a new technique I learned from an online workshop by Rayna Gillman, on strip piecing.  Now, I know how to do strip piecing, but her finished works are a bit more intuitive than the way I have worked in the past.  I like her idea of therapy sewing; just sewing 2 strips of fabric together with no real plan; then when you have a bunch made, you can try to assemble them together.  If I can stay focused enough, perhaps I can make a full art quilt using her technique, and maybe this is the beginning, who knows? 

I used a couple of commercial fabrics with some of my rusted fabrics and a discharged shibori orange piece I had.  After I had put it together, I found another fabric that would have made the piece sing, but I had already made a 7 inch piece, and didn't feel like tearing anything out!  Such is life, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment