Friday, March 8, 2019

Week 1 Green

I am beginning my series of 9 green pieces and this is week 10 of the year.  I believe I am going to follow similar patterns, like I did with the blue group,  giving the finished plan more cohesiveness.  At least, that is my plan.  We'll see how it goes.  Anyway, here is my first green piece and it is done by layering torn strips of green from light to dark.  When I do my strata pieces, I usually start at the top of the piece, and layer down from there, so that the torn edges show at the top of each successive piece.

I quilted in an all-over wavy pattern and then added some eyelash yarn across the bottom.  The yarn is glittery and adds some additional texture.  The strip in the middle is a piece of sari silk, and although it's not in the same colorway as the other greens, I felt it added a type of horizon line to the overall look, with just a hint of a bluish tone. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment