Monday, June 25, 2012

An Experiment

I have a picture that I took in the backroads of North Carolina of an old, rusting truck and I have wanted to do a large quilt of it for awhile, just haven't had the time to start.  The project seemed a bit daunting to me so I decided to do a small piece to kind of work out the bugs.  This is what I have assembled so far:
I intend to mat and frame the small piece, it is 8 x 10.  I haven't completely finished it yet; I still want to add more quilting and some thread work.  I used colored pencil to do some of the shading on the truck and like the effect.  The shadow was created using a black shiny sheer with a black interfacing behind it.  The original truck was red, but I liked this mottled orange/red fabric that I have, and it sort of gives the illusion of rust.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I think it is very cool...love the subject matter and the way you did it. if you do it larger please share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cindy! I took several shots of the truck and have a couple of views to choose from. Who knows, I may even do a series, if it can hold my attention that long, LOL.

    ReplyDelete