Thursday, June 28, 2012

NC Truck Revised

I have made a couple of changes to the truck piece.  I asked for some suggestions from a friend, Ellen Lindner, who does wonderful art quilts and teaches some really fun, informative classes online and in person, ( www.AdventureQuilter.com ), and she mentioned that the background was too bright, and took the eye away from the truck.  She mentioned perhaps using tulle or a paint wash to correct it.  Well, I had already done the quilting on the background and thought the tulle would just flap in the breeze if not completely sewed down, so my alternative was to use a black paint wash.  Let me tell you, it took some courage to take that first brush stroke on the almost finished piece!  I watered down some black acrylic paint and darkened the leaves and tree, and I really think it improved the piece, don't you?  Thanks, Ellen!

I have added some FME to the fenders and the wheel well, but I think the piece is now done.  And perhaps I have the motivation to begin the larger piece.  I mounted the work onto a piece of archival foam board and will have to go out to find a suitable frame. 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, Andrea. The duller, darker greens on the left allow the truck to been shown off more.

    (BTW, when I teach about creativity, I say that it has two components, with one of them being courage. You know you're being creative when you find that you need it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.Thanks bedliner

    ReplyDelete