Monday, August 5, 2013

New Postcards

I have moved to my new home but am unable to unpack all of my fiber supplies for lack of space, so they are still in boxes in the back of a cargo container.  I won't be able to unpack until my studio is built, probably some time next year.  So in the meantime, I have very few supplies and I am keeping busy making postcards, which I send to friends and family for birthdays.  Here are a few of the new ones:


The above postcard has some dyed cheesecloth to simulate water and several commercial cottons as background mountains. 


This postcard was inspired by a technique from Gloria Loughman's book, Radiant Landscapes.  I used a copy-write free image of a palm tree in the front, and my rusted fabrics as the background. 
I'll post some others, as I send them out; I don't want to share them here until I've sent them to the birthday people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment