Monday, August 5, 2013

SAQA Online Auction

I belong to SAQA, which is the Studio Art Quilt Associates, Inc.  Each year members donate art quilts to be auctioned off to benefit the association's many endeavors.  I have entered quilts for the past two years and this year's auction pieces are wonderful. 


The auction begins on September 9th at 2 PM EST, and runs through September 29th at 2PM EST.  Check out the selection of art at http://www.saqa.com/gallery-mini-detail.php?ID=2379  There are several pages of quilted art, each 12" x 12".  There is a page explaining the bidding process,  and if you click on a specific piece, it will take you to a page that gives some additional information by the artist.  Here is the piece I have in the auction this year:


The piece is titled Prairie Dawn and can be found on page 2a.  I hope you will visit the site and take part in the auction, the works are innovative and beautiful and a great addition to your art collection! 

2 comments:

  1. I love your piece and I see someone else did as well. Congratulations on the sale of your auction piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Gabriele! I always wonder if a piece I make will sell, and I'm so pleased when they do! It's validation.

    ReplyDelete