Thursday, September 8, 2016

Week 36, Late

It's week 36 and I have had some computer issues, so this posting is a bit late in the week.  But it is done, so that's what counts, isn't it?  Anyway, the computer has been cleared of it's virus, and we are good to go.

The piece this week is made with my hand dyed fabric onto which I put some tissue paper writing and small circles.  I attached the tissue paper to the background fabric with gel medium.
When the medium was dry I then added circles (made with a toilet paper roll) in black and gold paint.  I waited for the paint to dry overnight and heat set the piece.  I would probably do circle stitching in the open areas if I ever use this piece, and I do like the words from the paper.  The top piece of paper was a piece of dress pattern tissue. 

2 comments:

  1. ok, very cool. love that you keep trying new things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment, Cindy. This project is a "NO Pressure" one, so I'm free to PLAY with all the stuff in my paper/fabric surface design drawer! I love to try new things and not have to worry if they work or not.

    ReplyDelete