Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 39; Fall has arrived

This is Week 39 and Fall arrived on Thursday, September 22, although the weather at that time felt more like mid-summer.  We have finally had a cold front come through, so today was a truly wonderful, crisp fall day.  And my Week 39 piece is here to celebrate my favorite time of year! 
The green piece in the background is a marvelous hand dyed piece my friend Vanya gave to me.  It was just perfect for the autumn leaves I cut out of the stripe fabric that is on the top and bottom of the block.  I did free machine stitching on the leaves, using yellow thread on the orange leaves and orange thread on the yellow leaf.  I like the finished block, and may do some other fall-inspired pieces in the next couple of weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment