Saturday, January 5, 2019

New Year, New Challenge

It's 2019 and I am going back to a challenge I made myself a couple of years ago.  At that time I made a 7 inch piece each week of the year.  My only goal was to get into the studio on a weekly basis and do some playing.  I liked some of the pieces, some others not so much, but it made me play each week and I completed the year with 52 pieces!  A success.  This year I am challenging myself to do something similar.  I will make a piece each week, 6 inches square, but I am going to make them in certain colorways.  I want to make 9 pieces each of the 3 primary colors (red, blue, yellow) and the 3 secondary colors (orange, purple and green).  That will come to 9 x 6, or 54 finished pieces, so I'll have to extend the year by two more weeks.  I hope to have each week done by Saturday, and will post my work as I go along.  I have an idea of how I want to put this all together and I'll see how it works out when they are all completed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment