Saturday, January 26, 2019

Still Blue

This is week 4 and it is still blue.  This week I did a piece inspired by Susan Rienzo's work.  She often uses colorful, whimsical strips of fabric cut with pinking shears and sews them onto another piece of fabric.  You can see her work at www.susanrienzodesigns.com  She and I were together in several groups when I lived in Florida, and her work has always inspired me, so this week I pay homage to her sense of color and design.





I had to really dig through my fabrics to come up with colorful blues, but I managed to find a few that kinda work.  I tend to buy more tone on tone fabrics, like batiks so my stash is certainly not as colorful as Susan's.  Her style is a fun way to incorporate colorful prints, and something I always enjoy playing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment