Friday, February 1, 2019

Week 5 Blue

I tried to work in lighter shades of blue this week, tending towards the gray scale.  Perhaps next week I'll work more into the blue/green shades.  It's amazing to me how many shades of blue there really are in fabrics, although I guess that can be said of many colors.  We tend to think of the pure color first, but as you add black and white to a color, the shade and hue change dramatically.  This piece has many subtle blues in it, with a lot of stitching.


 I may add some surface design to this before I incorporate it into the final piece, in fact, I may alter several of the squares with different surface design techniques.  That is yet to be determined and offers so many possibilities!  Stay tuned for week 6, as winter barrels down on us!

No comments:

Post a Comment