Friday, February 8, 2019

Turquoise Blue

We are on week 6 of the "blues" and I have to say that turquoise blue is probably my favorite shade of blue.  I love the way it plays off of black and rusted fabrics and I use it a lot in my work.  I have used several turquoise fabrics this week in a simple four patch.


The fabrics are torn and placed on top of each other, and I have one silk sari remnant in there, the one with the crinkles.  I only quilted the vertical and horizontal line on this piece until I can figure out how I want to finish it.  It sometimes takes me awhile to figure quilting designs, so I'll let it sit for a week or two before I decide.  There are truly so many different shades and hues of blue, and some of them don't play well with their brothers; so I'll have to see which shades I'll be using next week.  Stay tuned!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment