Saturday, February 16, 2019

Week 7 Blue

This week I decided to do a piece using a confetti technique.  My goal was to have dark blue on the edges, and have it fade to lighter blue until the center was almost white.  I guess it sort of worked, but it did not turn out quite the way my mind had envisioned.  After I had all the pieces in place, I put a piece of black tulle over the top.  





I then did spiral couching using a shiny silver cord.  All of my pieces to date have been made at 7 inches, and all will be cut down to a 6 inch finished piece, which is why the cord does not go to each of the corners.  I measured 6 inches and stopped the couching at that point.   Maybe after it is fully trimmed it will look more "finished"!  Two more weeks of blue, then I'll probably move onto GREEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment